Your device won’t settle for a mediocre connectivity provider and neither should you. If a device does not have reliable connectivity, you can be sure that it will run into issues. Reliable connectivity goes beyond the connection, it’s about the service you receive and the peace of mind you should have to know that your device is functioning as it should.
When choosing a connectivity provider for your device, you’ll want to make sure you’re asking all the right questions to ensure that you’re getting the best connection possible. A truly great connectivity provider will be able to take care of your needs from deployment to implementation, and everything in between.
So here is a list of the questions you should be asking.
1. How secure is the network? This is a vital question because the last thing you want is your device being hacked. You’ll want a connectivity provider that uses a private network to ensure that hacks and breaches won’t happen. On a public network, you have a greater risk of something happening than if you’re on a private network. Make sure to ask which one your provider offers.
2. What’s included in a managed service? Many providers tout being a managed service, but what you’ll want to know what they really mean by that. A truly managed service should have all the bells and whistles, from 24/7 customer support to ease of deployment to device monitoring. Often times you’ll have providers who say they offer a managed service but are in reality only offering one component of what truly makes a service fully managed.
3. When is tech support available? The fact is that things happen and a device can go down at any time. That is why you’ll want tech support that is available no matter what time of day you’re in need of assistance. Be sure to ask what times tech support is available, you’ll be surprised how many providers only offer basic business hours. However, there are providers that offer 24/7 tech support, and that’s going to be ideal for any device.
4. How long is the warranty? You always want to have a backup plan in case something happens to your device, this is where warranty comes in handy. You’ll want to ask your provider if a warranty is offered and if so for how long does it cover your device. This is a critical question to ask as not all providers offer it.
5. Is deployment easy? In today’s fast-paced world we want solutions that are convenient, solutions that save us time and money. Connectivity for your devices is no different. The last thing you want is to have to be getting your device connected and having it be a complex and time-consuming process. That’s why you’ll want to ask is deployment is easy, as some providers like OptConnect will offer plug & play connectivity so that your devices can connect quickly and easily.
All of these questions are to help you gain an understanding of what exactly you’re going to get from your provider. From easy deployment to 24/7 tech support, OptConnect has you covered. We’re happy to answer any of the above questions to let you know exactly what you’re getting.
For more information on OptConnect’s managed wireless solutions, please visit www.optconnect.com.