Imagine walking to your breakroom and stepping into a small market right there in your office. This idea is now a reality thanks to Micro Markets, self-checkout mini markets that are now being used to replace traditional vending in offices around the globe. in today’s post, we’ll take a deep dive into micro market security and how to improve it.
The Issue of Theft
Many are still hesitant about installing Micro Markets because of theft. Micro Markets promote an open-market concept where consumers are essentially operating on the honor system.
By checking themselves out, the need to have a market attendant is eliminated. So how can a Micro Market be secured to prevent theft or even food tampering?
Here are 3 ways you can keep your Micro Market secure:
- Video Surveillance. This is by far the simplest way to ensure that you’re keeping an eye on your Micro Market. Video surveillance can also help you determine if any food tampering is going on. If you’re looking for a step up on video surveillance go with a managed video surveillance service to keep an eye on things.
- Digital Locks. There are locks that can be installed into your Micro Market that will automatically lock when inventory goes awry. This won’t prevent theft but it will make sure to alert you of the issue and prevent any further stealing until the situation is figured out.
- Pressure Sensitive Shelves. These digital shelves are a great option to ensure that a transaction is made after a product is taken off the shelf. If a transaction is not made after a product is recorded as taken the shelf system will alert you.
Whatever security fears you have when it comes to Micro Markets can be resolved by having the proper systems in place.
All of these are a great ways to keep your Micro Market secure, all you have to do is make sure they have the right connectivity to function correctly.
You won’t want to miss out on the benefits of Micro Markets, like:
- Efficient self-checkout capabilities
- Cutting edge inventory systems
- Customized products and set ups
Get the right connectivity to keep up with your Micro Market security with managed wireless service by OptConnect.